Friday, July 25, 2008

getting older


my babies are getting older.

Jenee' is crawling (well, she has been for the past 3 weeks), and I just moved her crib to the lowest setting because she pulls herself up and tries to cruise! I just removed Benji's crib side to make it a "toddler" bed; he just had his first nap in it - and he did beautifully! We'll see how nighttime goes.

My little boy picked out his clothes too... you can see it in this picture as well. yes, he only picked out one sock. He originally wanted both shoes, but we could only find one. He forgot about it, and then later decided on this black sock. I'm trying to teach him to put his clothes on by himself so we can begin potty training, so we're starting to pick out our own clothes and be more involved in the whole process to generate some interest in dressing himself.

In his crib I put a pillow so he'd feel super special, along with this blanket that a co-worker of Nick's made back in Portland. (ohhh, how I miss good ole Tualatin!!!) He's been jumping on and off it all day. When he was done with his nap, I could hear him bouncing on his bed, then his feet were sticking under the door as he tried to decide if he should open the door or not. He opened it, but didn't move, sticking his head out he had the BIGGEST grin on his face -- holy crow, independence!!

Now, I've gotta decide what I'm going to fix for dinner - I really want to make this chicken/couscous stuff we had the other night, but alas, I don't have any onions, tomatoes, or even couscous. Bummer. I think it's time to go to the store. Oh! I can't! Nick has Benji's car seat in his car, so I've been stranded. Speaking of car seat, I need to get a bigger one for Jenee' now. Oh girl stop growing.

1 comment:

Damon and Jodie said...

Too cute! Just wait till the phrase, "I do it!" enters his vocabulary. By the way... you will get so dang sick of hearing it. But it is a lot of fun that they are wanting to do things for themselves. Play date this next week? Let me know!