Sunday, June 24, 2007

delicious weekend

My itch to cook has come back, but only with baking. I am cooking us dinners now, but I still have to be cautious about what I cook. I made cinnamon rolls this morning, they were yummmmmy! They were so rich, I tried out a new recipe, the brown sugar/cinnamon/butter mixture crisped up on the bottoms of each roll and it tasted almost like toffee. You had to have a glass of milk with the rolls (and that's saying a lot since we don't really like milk, except chocolate) to get them down. So we had candy for breakfast. wahoo! Then, I made some Amish white bread - my first time to make bread (without a machine to do it for me) - and I loved it! It was so much fun and so easy! I'm going to start making tons of different kinds of bread, I'm so pumped! Why buy a loaf when I can make it myself?? We're never going to lose weight, but I'd say we'd be healthier without all those preservatives and maybe when I get tired of making it all the time, we'll never have it! Then later tonight we're having some divine chicken and corn-on-the-cob with some homemade lemonade! Can life get better than this? I submit that it cannot!!

Yesterday we had a feast too. We went on our first official family picnic! It was so much fun! We made huge sub sandwiches, had chips, homemade lemonade, and fruit. Next time we'll take some cookies though. We walked to our favorite park and spread out a huge blanket. Benjamin thought it was the funniest thing. He would crawl all around the blanket, but wouldn't get off of it. I'm going to enjoy that while it lasts. Soon he'll think he's supposed to stay off the blanket. We lounged and enjoyed our food. We had a tickle war and then collapsed and cuddled. Benjamin had a shirt on that had a hoodie and he hates it when we put it on his head. Nick would put it over his head and he would try to pull it off, but he pulls it forward which really frustrates him! Then he started crawling around like crazy. Our theory is that he was trying to crawl so fast that the wind would blow it off his head! We went on a beautiful walk through the forest, where Nick tried to scare me to death by letting go of the stroller down a steep side trail that led straight into a river. Nick nearly lost his life after that little incident. He's safe and sound now, and so is Benji.

well, that was our wonderful weekend! thought I'd rub it in!

No comments: