Friday, June 29, 2007

baby update

Well, we went to our first baby doctor appointment (yes, we are a little late in the first visit), but it did take a while to find a new doctor up here. I was pretty nervous that he just wouldn't be as great as my old doctor and then I started worrying about everything. Ahhhh... how fun to be a worry-wart sometimes (not really). So... we went and he was amazing! We totally felt at ease, and he is so approachable and he seems to really care and value our thoughts and opinions. He doesn't put off the -I'm the doctor and that means I'm the best-vibe at all. He has his own children too, I don't know why that matters to me, but it's nice to know that he's been there (well, his wife was mainly). We talked a bit about VBAC and cesarean and he sounds really positive about the possibility of having a VBAC and such. We haven't made our decision, but we'll take our time and really think about it some more and pray about it as well. This is serious stuff, we don't want to just go on a whim.

We heard the baby's heartbeat, it was around 150 bpm. Plus he did a ultrasound, it wasn't the full-blown one, mostly just to measure to see how far along I am because we weren't exactly sure. I was right, I said I was 16 weeks, and I'm really like 15 Weeks and 6 days or something --- 1 day off, not bad! We saw the baby, sooo cute and sweet! There's nothing like seeing your baby for the first time inside of you. The baby was just kicking and moving its arms all around, so fun! He couldn't see the gender. It's too young, and it wasn't that clear of an ultrasound, it was on one of those portable cart ones. We saw it's tiny little heart beating! The only clear picture we got was the top of its head. it's 3 cm across (width) how incredibly tiny! Can you believe that, such a tiny tiny teeninsie person!! I'm so excited. Nick is really excited and Benji's oblivious. We'll find out the gender at the end of July at the real ultrasound, and we'll have some pictures to post too!

No comments: